Tuesday, December 26, 2006

What Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. May joy, peace and love fill your hearts. Kinda nice isn't it, to fill your message box with hundreds of similar wishes and hopes from the people that cared enough about you. But somehow this Christmas was awfully different from other Christmas that I had endured in recent years.

Then a friend of mine wrote this: “I felt so lonely this Christmas even though I am surrounded by everyone in my family. Just felt so empty deep inside”. I can totally share her pain. That’s exactly how I went through my Christmas.

At least last year I managed to gather my immediate family to go to church together, watching the Christmas Carol performed in grandmama’s house, before going to this fancy family dinner somewhere. Furthermore, the next day, me and a group of friends went to have our own Christmas family dinner. And as the dessert, followed by a trip to Carita Beach to celebrate New Year’s eve together. We planned so much last year for the sake of “togetherness”.

Bad omens kicked-off this year’s Christmas however.

Thursday the 14th: Another broken heart. Another broken relationship. The start of a mudslide.

Friday the 15th: Failed to open a branch office. We had to push it forward to January.

Monday the 18th: Suppliers told us that items might not be shipped on time for the new venue.

Friday the 22nd: Went to Heaven and found out that the the AC was too cold for the lack of people inside! (You suck!) At least some of us managed to snatch a dude from the premises.

Sunday the 24th: It was raining like hell when we got to the church that evening. Went there only with Mom. Dad had some church chores at different mass. Bro was busy entertaining people (in which he didn’t invite any of us in the family). Grandmama was hit by a bad case of flu. Cuzins went outta-town to celebrate elsewhere. After the annual; Christmas carol, we had a quick supper at grandmama’s house. And as the final insult, at around midnight, I gave a mercy-fuck (hey, it was Christmas!) to a one-night-stand who was so far-off my type.

Monday the 25th: Got a group of friends to cruise the cutie pies in SenCity. Very late lunch in Secret Recipe was good. Followed by feasting unashamedly in Hoka-Hoka Bento. Reminiscing with old friends are always good of course.

But other than that, I think the Grinch had successfully stolen my Christmas away.

Credits: Christmas ornament pictured here was provided by Swarovski.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling.

Christmas last year was one of the best despite being away from friends and family.

Ever since I went home and spent more time here, I always felt I went home to a different family and to different friends. That or maybe because I changed myself. I grew and maybe grew out of touch.

Thank you for the friendship, Ms. Van Der Kamp. I hope you'll be able to take me in whatever form and temperament.

Merry Christmas!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home