Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ultimate Mellow Playlist






Why is it that sometimes, every little thing would remind us of our past relationships? Even if they were just some summer flings a little while ago? The taste buds, the scents, the movies or even the songs that we listened together could trigger some memory lapse into our own history bin.


Listening to those songs yet again always created some pangs in your heart or could even open old-healing-wounds. For example, remember the songs on the brink of breaking-up with former lovers or the songs prior to sudden interruption with former flings? They were also known as my Mellow-Playlist in my iPod that I hereby present to you (and stupidly play over and over again). I wonder why most, if not all of them are cheesy Indonesian pop songs. Is this a way to feel the pain better?

Hurt me then! Nah, I am not even gonna be mad or feel sorry about those so-called experiences. They happened in the past already for God sake, tomorrow is a beautiful day I always hope. True, those shitty things are bound to happen, but nice things are around as well as long as you know where to look.

But anyhoo, without further ado, here are some of them in my Ultimate Mellow Playlist in the short romances of the life of me:

Break-Up Songs*

Ratu – Salahkah Bila Diriku Terlalu Mencintaimu
Glenn Fredly – Sekali Ini Saja
Ello – Terbaik
Tangga – Terbaik Untukmu
Agnes Monica - Jera
Samsons – Naluri Lelaki (T’was his fave at the time)
*) Please note that some dudes deserved more than one song!

False Hopes Songs
Ada Band – Masih (Sahabatku, Kekasihku) -> Yikes, he turned out to be totally straight
Maliq d’Essentials – Terdiam
Ratu – Teman Tapi Mesra
Rio Febrian – Lebih Baik Darinya
Marcell - Semusim
Dea Mirella – Takkan Terganti

And for the latest no/ slow responding new-comer in my life, I think it would be suffice to scrape you off my list while adding another one of those false hope songs right here, right now:

Kenangan Terindah **
- Samsons -

aku yang lemah tanpamu
aku yang rentan karena
cinta yang tlah hilang darimu
yang mampu menyanjungku

selama mata terbuka
sampai jantung tak berdetak
selama itu pun
aku mampu tuk mengenangmu

darimu kutemukan hidupku
bagiku kau lah cinta sejati

bila yang tertulis untukku
adalah yang terbaik untukmu
kan kujadikan kau kenangan
yang terindah dalam hidupku
namun takkan mudah bagiku
meninggalkan jejak hidupku
yang tlah terukir abadi
sebagai kenangan yang terindah

**) No attempt was made from my part to translate the above for some of my non-bahasa friends since the lyrics were just extremely cheesy anyway.


Ouch. Dontcha worry, I wasn’t too hopeful kok. Kenangan Terindah was just playing on the radio when we decided to sing it together. Nevertheless, moving on again here. Constantly I keep reminding meself: How blessed my life is; How great I feel about everything; Don’t me worry bout a thing, another fling will find me soon!

I can just feel it. I knew it. The next encounter will make me hum a happy song. Yay!

THE END

PS. So guys, now is your turn. Just for old time sake, what was your ultimate break-up/ false hope song?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Bonnie Rait's I Can't Make You Love Me
2. I Don't Know How To Love Him from the musical Jesus Christ Superstar
3. Madonna's Beautiful Stranger
4. Indigo Girls' Ghost
5. Indigo Girls' Least Complicated
6. Chet Baker Singing But Not For Me
7. Janis Joplin's Piece of My Heart
8. Alanis Morisette's You Oughta Know
9. Elvis Presley's Suspicious Minds
10. Beatles' In My Life
11. Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now
12. Tell Me On A Sunday from a musicale I forgot
13. Elliott Smith's Somebody That I Used to Know
14. Aimee Mann's You Could Make A Killing
15. The Thirteenth Floor Elevators' You're Gonna Miss Me
16. Maria McKee's If Love Is A Red Dress
17. Natalie Imbruglia's Stay
18. David Bowie's The Man Who Sold the World
19. Bob Dylan's Stuck in The Middle With You
20. Smashing Pumkins' Perfect

I could go on...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Fa said...

Kalo kata gue.... lagi melo gak boleh dengerin lagu Melly! Siti Nurhaliza juga gak boleh! Apalagi Siti nyanyiin lagu Melly... dilarang keras!!!!

2:37 PM  
Blogger IndigoDeviLLe said...

Well, here are my Break-Ups/False Hopes songs:

Wkt jatuh cinta ama yg dah married:
AKU BUKAN UNTUKMU --- Rossa
SALAHKAH DIRIKU TERLALU MENCINTAIMU --- Ratu
SUPERMAN --- Five For Fighting

Wkt pacar selingkuh dan akhirnya direbut orang:
EVERYTIME --- Britney Spears
THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL --- ABBA

Gitu aja dulu deh, moga2 ga nambah lagi :)

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aduh gak penting banget sich, Akyu sedang lagi dengerin TIESTO: In Search of Sunrise IV . . . >>SLAP<< Fe: Insensetive B!@%CH

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of only thinking about false hope & break up songs, I believe there are songs called "spirit song" such as:
1. I will survive - Cake
2. Survivors - Destiny's child
or even
3. Shout to the Lord and any other religious songs?

It's just an idea to ease your pain, bro!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

list-kyu ada di blog-kyu...
pasca yg kmaren, lo tau donk tentunya ;)

lu harus dengerin "for all eternity"-nya CMB & BoyzIIMen... bagus banggget!!!

trus kalo buat marah2 (ceritanya masih ga terima knp putus niy...) dengerin Hedonism-nya Skunk Anansie aja! Desye nyanyi-nya sambil marah2 dan meraung2, emosionk-nya pas banget!

ps: ve, wkt itu ke olala ga ngajak2 gw ya... how dare u!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home