Thursday, August 17, 2006

Unrealistic Expectation


“Expectation” by Gustav Klimt, Stoclet Frieze on a Vase

It was late at night. I was tired physically (another big bash family birthday) and mentally (second day of being single again). Not long after that, Mac Flurry was with me again, online again, checking emails again, checking Friendster again. And then I saw a bulbo (bulletin board) written by a long time acquaintance whom I didn’t really had a chance to know better previously. This he wrote…

Message:
Apparently, I am told, my expectations of PLU are unrealistic.

What do you think?Comments
welcome.

Here are my basic expectations of a new
friend:
1. Intelligence

2. Sense of humour

3. Sensitivity to other people's feelings

4. Ability to hold a conversation on topics other than penis size and sexual role

---

Oh finally! A bulbo with a real message. Not just some news board or unimportant fill-it-your-way type of bulbo. I just had to reply:

Dear Linguist,

Actually yours are pretty basic I think. It was as if almost all human being should be embedded with such characteristics (at the minimum).

However, my list would go on and on as you may see below:
1-4. Same as the above
5. Active life style
6. Easy to get along with most people (sunshine of the day type)
7. Say what you mean... I don't read minds and I do not leave holes for miss-interpretations
8. Foreign language is a definite plus (with English being the minimum req.)
9. Top inclined person with bottom/ sweet face (this one is hard to fine)
10. Or on the contrary, he shan't have ego as high as the Kilimanjaro
11. Spending time together is of course lovely, cute and all, but the world is not ours alone. I am a very social person as well.
12. I love my family, if he is not close to his, that's not my problem and don't make me stray from family duties.
13. Mind if I smoke?
14. Supportive of my career, because I will definitely support your career.
15. Positive-thinker and a high achiever. To fail/ err/ make mistake is being human. Will you remember the famous men? Who had to fall to rise again? So take a deep breath... Pick yourself up... Dust yourself off, and start all over again (quoted from some old tunes).
16. Into classic jazz, playing any instrument is HOT, as well as ability to sing.

Now that's what i call... unrealistic expectations, no? And I haven't even gone physical yet!

Finally, I then realize that the world may be better without a checklist. I am just going to enjoy the next guy to the max. Why? Cuz he may be able to even produce other qualities not mentioned above that would sweep my feet away.

Cheerios!
Ambi.

---

Instant Reply:

Message:
God Ambi, now I don't know whether to be encouraged or even more abysmally depressed. I cannot even find my four. How would any of us find your 16? It is just a losing battle. Your point on checklists is taken, but I didn't intend it to be one, just I numbered them so it looks like one, or something, I dunno, it's after midnight and I didn't sleep for a single minute last night so I am pretty much BLUR.

I think I give up.
I am becoming a lesbian.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ambidextrous said...

lucious said:

what's a PLU?

my checklist: passion, respect, honesty and a sweet sweet smile that will get you through the day.

i still maintain that there are lots of good people in the world, we just dont see it because we are all blinded by our checklists. we refuse to see anything but that which we think we need and deserve.

maybe im the wrong person to lay out any form of advice given the fact that i am unable to make any relationship work, but if love were really as unconditional as its supposed to be, would it be fair to impose conditions on the kind of love we can get?

conversations like this deserve to be executed in a comfy couch with coffee, cake and cigs, and where moments turn into long late nights as though tomorrow never mattered. my goodness, you cannot imagine how much i miss talking to you my dear dear friend.

(i still hate the f*ing ass who (blablabla sensored by editor). on the plus side, you're gonna increase the chances of finding someone refined enough to polish a diamond when they see one.)

1:54 AM  
Blogger IndigoDeviLLe said...

I personally think that it's important to set up our own criterias (checklist) in finding a partner.

This checklist can be mend-able, compromise-able to certain extent, but there should have the "Must Have" and "Must Not Have" criterias.

Afterall, it is our guidance which will constantly reminds us of what we are actually looking for in a relationship.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHY DID YOU F*ING CENSOR ME?!

;)

1:54 AM  
Blogger Ambidextrous said...

Sorry Lucy, I didnt mean to censor you, it was just that you sounded so bitter on this matter hehehe... I am not bitter and I am fine. It was just the best for both of us lah.

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not bitter, just twice as petulant. Hehehehe.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Fa said...

Ambi... send my regards and
tell him for not reading my 100 lists... otherwise he will convert to a nun!

:D

6:23 PM  
Blogger Fa said...

Ambi...
Send my regards and tell him for not reading my 100 lists, otherwise he will convert to a nun!

:D

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home